March 07, 2014

RAW by Belle Aurora Review;

Well hello there all you strangers!

So, I know I've been seriously absent for a while, but I'm back :D (*happy cheering*) - and to kick us all off, here is my review from the ever-amazing Belle Aurora's new book RAW!!!

Blurb;

***Author Note: This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone wrong.***

Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am.
Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street.
Best decision I ever made.
Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job.
My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved.
But the saying is true.
The world makes way for those who know where they are going.
That’s me.
I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace.
But then there’s him.
I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me.
He makes me feel.
It’s unconventional.
But it’s real.

I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker.
So am I.

This isn’t a story.

This is my life.

***This book includes situations that some may find uncomfortable.

Review;

Wow. Just.. WOW. Belle Aurora normally has me reaching for a fan, but this was on a whole new level!

Now, Alexa. As a social worker, she's used to protecting others and being in control, as well as being next to no-one's favourite person. Belle seriously creates a strong, independent (but not in a bad way) woman, one whom I loved from start to finish. There, short and sweet. No spoilers (sorry, ladies).

And now, Twitch. Holy hell on a stick, this man is danger, temptation and a whole hell of hot in one fictional (boo!) package. There's not much to say other than this dude had me tearing through the pages until it was 4am and I had to go to uni the next day at 9am... yeah I'm a great student.. sometimes :P

Now, it goes without saying that these guys have baggage. It's part and parcel (not used that phrase in a while) with the whole bad-boy-meets-good-girl story. But, this story is nothing bland and stereotypical. This book had me laughing, lusting and crying within three pages and almost throwing my Kindle across the train (yup, still not learnt to not leave the train while reading).

Those looking for a happy ending, move along. Don't torture yourselves. Belle Aurora wouldn't be swayed by my Facebook-zombie-voice (which I thought was very convincing, hmph) and insisted that this was a stand-alone piece. But jeez is this book worth every penny/cent/whatever currency you guys use. I loved this book from cover to cover and it only serves to highlight how amazing Belle Aurora is as an author!


So, that's my first review in ages (sorry about that)! Hope you enjoyed, and seriously, this book is amazing, so go get it! And don't forget to rate 5 stars on Amazon!